Library News | Junior School

Library News | Junior School

We are excited to have Mrs Indari join our Library team at the Junior School. She has arrived with the departure of Mrs Weber, who is now busy looking after her beautiful baby boy, Jackson, at home. Mrs Indari arranged the provocation table this week in light of World Environment Day. Just a few questions for Mrs Indari so we can get to know her a little better…

Before you joined the Junior School Library where were you and what where you doing?

Before I joined the Junior School Library I worked in the TESS department at the Prep School. I was working as a Teacher’s Aide and helped students with Literacy and Maths support.

What do you think the Library offers the boys?

I believe the Library is a fantastic space for the boys to explore and discover new worlds through books. It is a space that is always accessible and I hope the boys view the Library staff as a great resource, always willing to help in their search for information.

What is your favourite book and why?

This is very difficult for me to answer as there have many books that have had an impact on me over the years. A recent favourite was ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’ by Delia Owens. I loved the descriptive nature of this book and I really enjoyed the coming of age story that unfolds for the main character, Kya.

Are you reading anything good at the moment?

I am reading ‘A Gentleman in Moscow’ by Amor Towles and it is another book full of beautiful descriptions of an era in Russian history that fascinates me.

Book Reports

We Are Wolves

We Are Wolves is a brilliant book and is wonderfully written with many twists and turns. The story is about three German children, who, after Germany lost World War 2, got separated from their mother. The country is now controlled by Russia, and there is hardly any food to eat because the Russians are bombing the houses and taking all the food and animals.

Their lives are filled with fear and hunger, and with every step they take away from the place where they lost their mother, they will make it harder for her to find them. Liesl, the oldest sibling, has promised their mother that she will keep the others safe, and she is bound by that promise to keep her baby sister, Mia from starving.

This captivating story is about how you should always have hope, even in the darkest of times. This reflects Liesl and her siblings because they fight against all odds, and have hope that they will find their mother.

This book is in the war fiction section, which is over in the back corner if you would like to find this book. I would recommend this book to people 10 and up, and to people who like historical or war stories. The rating I would give this book is 5/5 because it is a beautiful story filled with hope and joy, as well as grief and sadness.

Tim B 6J

The Warriors series is written by ERIN HUNTER.

The Warriors books are about cat clans who live in the forest. They hunt for food and fight over territory. The clans are named Thunder Clan the main clan, Shadow Clan the bad clan, Wind Clan the weakest clan and River Clan the swimming clan.

Throughout the book it explains the characters with depth and detail. This book also features crime and adventure which just makes you want to read it even more.

I would recommend this book for people that like mystery and action. I would rate this book 4 out of 5 because it could use a bit more humour. Aryan 4J

I recently read Her Perilous Mansion by Sean Williams. Here’s a couple words about the book.

I think that Her Perilous Mansion is a good book for those who like mysteries. Her Perilous Mansion is about a girl named Etta and a boy named Almanac. Together they find new people who live in the house and discover the secrets of the Mansion.

What will happen? Well that’s for you to find out.

I rate this book 8/10. It’s a great read if you enjoy a good mystery.

Jack 5T

Nikki Bowden | Teaching and Learning Librarian

Share this post